- Science with current and upcoming GW detectors
- Sources and searches for long duration stochastic GW background
- Efficient detection of Compact Binary Coalescence (CBC)
- Instrumentation for GW detection
- Various activities regarding proposal, site survey and data management of LIGO-India
- Characterisation and reduction of noise in laser interferometric detectors
- Planning and design of future detectors
- Training a new generation of interested researchers in GW detection
Also involved in Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) analysis.
- A. Ain, P. Dalvi, and S. Mitra, “Fast gravitational wave radiometry using data folding,”Phys. Rev. D 92 (July, 2015) 022003, arXiv:1504.01714 [gr-qc]
- A. Ain, S. Kastha, and S. Mitra, “Stochastic gravitational wave background from exoplanets,” Phys. Rev. D 91 (June, 2015) 124023, arXiv:1504.01715 [gr-qc].
- E. Thrane, S. Mitra, N. Christensen, V. Mandic, and A. Ain, “All-sky, narrowband, gravitational-wave radiometry with folded data,” Phys. Rev. D 91 (June, 2015) 124012, arXiv:1504.02158 [astro-ph.IM]
- E. Thrane, S. Ballmer, J. D. Romano, S. Mitra, D. Talukder, S. Bose, and V. Mandic, “Probing the anisotropies of a stochastic gravitational-wave background using a network of ground-based laser interferometers,” Phys. Rev. D 80 (Dec., 2009) 122002, arXiv:0910.0858.
- S. Mitra, S. Dhurandhar, T. Souradeep, A. Lazzarini, V. Mandic, S. Bose, and S. Ballmer, “Gravitational wave radiometry: Mapping a stochastic gravitational wave background,”Phys. Rev. D 77 (Feb., 2008) 042002, arXiv:0708.2728.
- S. Mitra, S. V. Dhurandhar, and L. S. Finn, “Improving the efficiency of the detection of gravitational wave signals from inspiraling compact binaries: Chebyshev interpolation,”Phys. Rev. D 72 (Nov., 2005) 102001, arXiv:gr-qc/0507011.