We offer research opportunities in the following categories at IUCAA:
1. Master’s/BTech thesis research projects that span over a school semester:
Deadline for the Fall semester (Aug-Nov) is 31st March
Deadline for the Spring semester(Jan-April) is 30th September
2. Summer projects (May-July) – Deadline is 30th September
*Application Form may be filled at any time of the year. Applications for all the categories are accepted through the same portal.
** Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, visits to IUCAA are presently not possible. However, a limited number of online projects are being considered.
Application Form Portal: google form here.
Only students currently enrolled in Bachelor’s (including BTech), Master’s and Integrated (Bachelor’s+Master’s) programs are eligible to apply. Students in the 1st and 2nd yr of their Integrated PhD. programs may also apply. Students with strong background and interest in experimental and engineering disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities at other LIGO related institutions:
Short-term research opportunities are also available with other national and international collaborating institutes/universities from time to time. Such openings will be advertised on this page as and when available (see below).
For example, applications submitted to this portal will also be considered for the following programs at other institutions:
- Project Work and Training opportunities at RRCAT, Indore (for GW Detector Technology only)
- International LIGO-SURF Program at LIGO labs in the USA. ** Deadline 7th Jan 2022 **
- Future Research Talent Travel Awards of ANU ** Student nominations completed for this year. Check back next year! **
- Summer Projects at the Institute for Gravitational Research, University of Glasgow.
- Finesse Workshop and Hackathon: A Hands-on interferometer modelling with a mentored training program. *Applications closed*