This is the first LIGO-India specific meeting since it received its in-principle approval from the Government of India earlier this year. The primary purpose of this meeting is to discuss the various activities that Indian experimenters will need to undertake in order to build and commission LIGO-India. Topics to be covered by invited speakers are: Lasers and optics, Controls, Seismic and other Detector noise; Quantum Optics; Suspensions, etc.
Venue: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, India
Dates: August 16 - 18, 2016
Invited Speakers (partial list)
- Rana Adhikari (Caltech) [Talk slides: Intro; Commissioning; FutureDetector (with David McClelland)]
- Giles Hammond (Glasgow) [Talk slides: Suspensions]
- Kiwamu Izumi (LIGO-Hanford) [Talk Slides]
- Ziauddin Khan (IPR)
- Brian Lantz (Stanford) [Talk slides: Seismic systems]
- David McClelland (ANU) [Talk slides: Quantum noise]
- Anil Prabhakar (IIT-Chennai)
- A. N. Ramaprakash (IUCAA)
- Umakant Rapol (IISER-Pune)
- Sendhil Raja S. (RRCAT)
- C S Unnikrishnan (TIFR)
- Benno Willke (AEI-Hannover)
The Scientific Programme will be announced in the first week of August.
Organising Committee: Sukanta Bose, Ajit Kembhavi, Sanjit Mitra, Somak Raychaudhury, Tarun Souradeep
Contact: Pallavi Nalawade <pallavi at iucaa dot in>
IUCAA acknowledges support of the Navajbai Ratan Tata Trust (NRTT) grant for organising this meeting.